Most of the components on the complete bike are the same as the standard LHT, parts chosen for their balance of technical capability, durability, and value. The drivetrain uses the sort of wide gearing you will need for loaded and unloaded travel, cable operated disc brakes for their proven reliability and ease of service, and hubs that are durable and easy to maintain.
You’ll need to outfit it with the extras you want, like fenders and racks. We don’t include that stuff because everybody’s needs are different. From the casual commuter to the person who rides around the world more than once, the Disc Trucker is more than capable. It’s a tool designed from the ground up to take you and a bunch of stuff just about anywhere you’d like to go. It is a tool to help you get lost and find yourself.
- Tubing: 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. ED Coated
- Rear Dropouts: Vertical, 135mm O.L.D
- Brake Compatibility: Disc Trucker uses 51mm disc calipers (160mm rotor only)
- Braze-ons/extras: Kickstand Plate, upper bosses and dropout eyelets for racks front and rear, fender eyelets, pump peg, downtube lever bosses, three sets of H2O cage bosses, emergency spoke mounts
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter: 30.0mm, Surly stainless included
- Headset/Steerer Tube: EC34/28.6 upper, EC34/30 lower
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter: 28.6mm (bottom-pull)
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm wide, threaded standard English (1.37″ x 24t)
- Chainring Clearance: 42/53t double, 38/52/56t triple
- Tire Clearance: 26″: 2.1″ with or without fenders, Individual tire and rim combos affect tire clearance
- Fork: 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed. Proprietary sloping crown with threaded eyelets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets
- Color: Blue
- Weight: 42cm = 4.98 lb (2.25kg) 26″ Fork—uncut = 2.1 lb (0.97kg)