- Specifications and Recommendations:
– Rear rack fitting: IMPORTANT– We recommend that racks to be mounted to the eyelet on the dropout. The eyelet on the side of the lower seatstay is mainly for fenders. If you choose to mount a rack to the lower seatstay eyelet keep loads to a maximum 15 lbs (10 lbs. if you go off road)
– Seatpost: 27.2mm
– Front derailleur: 28.6mm, bottom pull
– Rear hub spacing: 135mm
– Headset: 1-1/8″ exterrnal cup type (SHIS: EC34/28.6 | EC34/30)
– Max.Tire Fit: 700c x 42mm (38mm with fenders)
(650b x 47mm tires may also fit).
– Min. Tire Recommendation: 700c x 20mm, 650b x 38mm – Fork rake: 43mm on 54-61cm frames; 48mm on 48-51cm frames
– Recommended fork length: 390-400mm – Max chainring fit: 52-39-30t 45mm chainline. 53-39t, 48.5mm chainline
– Bottom bracket shell: 68mm wide, English threads
– Compatible with downtube shifters
– Disc brakes: 160mm rotors, International standard mount
- What kind of forks are compatible with the Fog Cutter?
Even though we call this a road bike, we built the frame around a cyclo-cross length fork. So anything 390-400mm in length with a 44mm rake will work as designed. (48/50mm rake for the 48 and 52cm size) We do make a robust matching straight blade carbon fork for this frame, but you can run our lugged CX Disc Fork or Straight Blade CX fork. Or a third party CX fork. It needs to have a 1-1/8″ steerer though. Road forks will be too short for this frame.