Due to the current Covid-19 situation it’s best to call us to book your bicycle service in.
Please phone the workshop on 03 9388 1319.
- Do I have to book?
- Yes. We’ll always try to leave room for emergencies but without a booking we cannot guarantee we’ll be able to look at or store your bike.
- How long will it take?
- If you’ve booked you can drop off and pick up on the same day. The only exception is if you’re bike requires an unusual replacement part that we need to order in. Special orders usually take a few days to arrive. If you haven’t booked we’ll book it in for the first available spot which could be up to two weeks away. If you need it back a little earlier, let us know, we can usually accommodate.
- But my bike is my only means of transport!
- Fortunately, we have a small fleet of courtesy bikes. Request one of these when you book and you will have a bike while we work on yours.
- It’s only a flat tire, do I have to leave it all day?
- We always do our best to fix flat tyres on the spot. We’re pretty quick so you’re usually back on the road in 10-15 minutes. The only exceptions are for particularly difficult to remove wheels such as those on certain dutch, cargo and electric bikes
- How much will it cost?
- There is no easy answer to this question until we have the bike in front of us. We don’t do standard service pricing because we have such a varied array of customers with different requirements and budgets. Please allow yourself 10 minutes when dropping off the bike so we can properly assess it while you’re there. This way we can explain to you what the bike needs and why. If you’re still there we are able to ask questions about its service history, usage, your plans for it, and your budget. Together we can weigh up this information and determine the best course of action.
- Sounds good, but can you give me a ballpark?
- Sure, our hourly rate is $100. A bike that has seen little use and just requires a tune up usually takes 45 minutes to an hour, perhaps a little more if you’d like it to run better than new. A bike that is regularly used and hasn’t had an overhaul in the last couple of years will usually require one. With parts this is often in the order of $300 and up. Feel free to drop in with your bike anytime for a more accurate assessment.
- Do you offer a warranty
- We don’t offer a formal warranty, however we are very proud of the work that we do and always endeavour to make sure our customers are happy with the work we do. Our reputation is built on our workmanship so if there are any issues after a service, please get in contact. We will go out of our way to correct them. Sometimes, a small follow up is unavoidable, such as in the case of a minor adjustment after new gear cables, and we try to mention this when you pick up the bike.